Autodesk’s Cloud Platforms team is running an interesting “incubator” program to encourage software developers to create applications that leverage Autodesk’s PaaS layer. (This currently includes the View & Data, AutoCAD I/O, Autodesk Fusion 360, Autodesk BIM 360 and Autodesk ReCap 360 web-service APIs.)
I won’t go into the details – you can get them here – but I will call out the important points as I see them.
- 2 weeks of working on your cloud-integrated app in Autodesk’s San Francisco office
- March 9-20, 2015
- Autodesk experts on hand to help
- Open to all, but there’s limited capacity
- 14 companies will be chosen
- You need to submit a proposal by January 10, 2015 to be considered
- Autodesk will cover accommodation costs for 1-2 people per company
- Travel is not covered
This is a great opportunity to have Autodesk help you develop a tool that meets a compelling need your customers have for a cloud-integrated application. Not only that, but you’ll have the chance to demo it in front of Autodesk executives at the end of the 2 weeks. That’s really valuable exposure for your work.
photo credit: Frank Schulenburg via photopincc