I’m heads-down in final preparation mode for AU 2010 and so won’t post anything very detailed for the rest of the week, but I did just want to share a series of programming gems that I stumbled across the other day.
James Michael Hare has published a great series entitled “C#/.NET Little Wonders”:
- The Null Coalescing Operator (??)
- The As Cast
- The Stopwatch Class
- TimeSpan factory methods
- string.IsNullOrEmpty() and string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace()
- using Statements
- static Class Modifier
- Object and Collection Initializers
- Implicit Typing
- LINQ Extension Methods
- Extension Methods
- Generic Delegates
- The ToList() LINQ Extension Method
- The ToDictionary() LINQ Extension Method
I use a number of the above-mentioned tips on a regular basis, was familiar with a few others, but there are some I didn’t know at all (and am assuming the same is probably true for many of you).
There’s also a post linking to these various pages and to a presentation covering the same ground.