Stephen Preston has updated his “AutoCAD VBA to .NET Migration Basics” DevTV session.
I’ve updated the links in this previous post to point to the updated DevTV, as the original recording is likely to disappear during the coming days.
Here’s an update from Stephen on what’s new in this version:
New features of the migration tool:
- Automatically adds ‘ObjectDBX’ Type Library to created VB6 project file to ensure Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common classes are correctly identified (previously these came in as Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop)
- Extra functionality to post-process your VB Express project for you:
- Adds F5 startup application
- Adds references to acmgd and acdbmgd dlls from the ObjectARX SDK
- Sets project to use .NET Framework 3.5.
The first part of the recording is the same, but I’ve added a more detailed explanation of the migration tool functionality, and re-recorded the demos to include event handling.
Please check it out and pass on your feedback to Stephen - the comments he received about the original version were instrumental in steering this update.